Figure 1: Universiti Malaya's online database resources
2. KEY IN your library barcode number (which can be found AT THE BACK OF YOUR STUDENT CARD) for example, X51672195 (Figure 2)
Figure 2: Matric Card
3. Click the DATABASE tab in the homepage (Figure 3)
Figure 3: Database in Universiti Malaya's Online Resources
4. Find the Journal Citation Report (JCR) in the listed database (Figure 4). Scroll down the database list and try to find Journal Citation Report (JCR). JCR is listed no. 47 (list maybe vary from time to time as librarian may add/remove the database into the list) in the list. Click the link and you will be directed to the JCR via ezproxy.
Figure 4: JCR position in the listed database
4. Kindly ensure that your are searching in the right JCR Edition and Year (Figure 5). If you are not sure the journal falls under which edition of JCR, kindly check it here for Science Journals and here for Social Science Journals. Please bare in mind that the multi-disciplinary journal may fall in both category.
Figure 5: JCR Edition and Year.
5. Choose "Choose for a specific journal" bullet in the "Select an option" column (Figure 6).
Figure 6: JCR homepage
6. Next kindly ENTER the FULL NAME OF THE JOURNAL, for example "International Journal Of Energy Research" (Figure 7)
Figure 7: Entering the journal's name
7. You will be directed to the following page listing the respective journal. CLICK on the abbreviation name of the journal, for example, abbreviation for International Journal Of Energy Research is INT J ENERG RES (Figure 8)
Figure 8: Journal's abbreviation
8. Then, you will get the "Journal Information" page. Next, CLICK on the "JOURNAL RANKING" tab (Figure 9).
Figure 9: Journal Ranking tab
9. Finally, you will find the Journal Ranking as well as Quartile in specific category. For example, International Journal Of Energy Research was in Quartile 2 (Q2) for ENERGY & FUEL category and Quartile 1 (Q1) for NUCLEAR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY category (Figure 10)
Figure 10: Journal Ranking in JCR
(P/S: Click HERE if you want to check whether a journal is indexed in ISI-WoS (Web of Science))